What to take to a festival, The Wonderland Wigs Guide to festival essentials…
Travelling light at festivals is essential – you could have a long walk from your arrival point to the campsite, and from the campsite to the main area, and the last thing you want is to be weighed down with unnecessary luggage.
That said, there are a few necessities which you just shouldn’t go to a festival without, our list below gives you the top 20 essential festival must have’s, but remember avoid taking anything too valuable as you may lose it, and you won’t want to leave anything of value in your festival tent.
Top 20 Festival Essentials…
1. Our number 1 festival essential is your festival TICKETS! If you forget your tickets, you will simply be turned away at the gates from most festivals, so to avoid disappointment. Check, check, and check again when it comes to your festival tickets.
2. Tent. You can buy tents for a fairly reasonable price from shops such as Argos. From experience, we recommend that you buy a pop up tent, so you don’t need to faff about with poles.
3. A sleeping bag. It may get a bit muddy, so make sure it is machine washable.
4. Toilet Roll! At festivals toilet roll can become a scarcity, so pack a spare.
5. A torch. Great for helping you find your tent in the dark.
6. Water bottle. Perfect for re-filling.
7. Anorak or waterproof coat. Festival weather is always unpredictable, and the last thing you want it to be soaked through
8. On the flip side, don’t forget your suncream. The last thing you want is to be bright red and stinging!
9. Wellies. It may get muddy so be prepared.
10. A change of clothes
12. Cash. You should always have back up cash, you never know what you might want to buy, plus you will need it for food and drinks.
13. Condoms. Just in case 🙂
14. A costume or your festival wig. If you and your friends fancy dressing up, or if you want to rock a festival hair do, then a wig or coordinated outfits are the perfect way
15. Medication. If you need insulin or an inhaler, then don’t forget them. It may also be wise to take paracetemol, just in case you have a slight hangover on the 2nd day!
16. Your toiletries. Toothbrush, toothpaste, deoderant, etc etc.
17. I-pod and speakers. Once the music ends, you can continue to party to your own tunes back at your tent.
18. A hat. By day 2 or 3 of your festival, your hair may not be looking it’s best, so you may want to cover it up completely with a hat or wig.
19. Some festivals allow you take take a gas cooker in, which is handy for making a nice brew and could make you very popular with fellow festival goers
20. Last, but not least booze, if the rules allow, then take your favorite drink with you as it will be much more expensive once you’re inside.
Remember, you will get searched on the way in and if they find anything that is illegal or against the rules it will be confiscated and not returned. So, make sure you check the rules of the festival before you go.
Finally, have fun and enjoy your festival!