Hair Colour Matching
Want to buy a hairpiece, half wig or extensions, but aren’t sure what colour wig to get?
We can help you get your perfect colour match, just simply fill out our form by Clicking here
Private Wig Fitting Service / Wonderland Hair studio
By Appointment Only
We are situated in the coastal holiday destination of Bridlington on the East Coast of Yorkshire, England. We are one of the UK’s leading online retailers of wigs, hairpieces and accessories. If you are unsure of the right wig for you or want to try on some of the wigs for yourself, We have a private wig fitting room to give you some privacy in a comfortable atmosphere. Whether you are looking for a wig for a change of image or due to hair loss or through a medical condition or require a wig during your chemotherapy we have affordable wigs, toppers and hairpieces available in our salon. Late night appointments are available. We would love to help you, Make that call, don’t be afraid to talk about it to someone who knows and understands what you are going through and who can give you advice, support and some simple solutions to your problem.
Aftercare How to wash a wig
- Beore shampooing, gently remove any tangles with your fingers or a pick comb. Fill a basin with cold water (never use hot water) and add a cap full of shampoo
- Put the hair into the basin and soak for 3-5 minutes, gently swishing up and down.
- Rinse thoroughly in cold water to get rid of any residue.
- Follow this up by using the same procedure with the, revitialiser however, do not rinse out the revitaliser.
- Do not squeeze or twist the hair but dab, very gently with a towel so as to remove excess water
- Hang the piece on a wig stand or a styling head and allow to air-dry at room temperature. (For human hair wigs and hairpieces, you can of course, heat-style the pieces to dry them).
- Whilst the piece is still slightly damp, shake and spritz with conditioner as this will coat the fibres of your hairpiece and keep it fresh and deodorised.
- Finish the look with a quick mist of finishing spray which works as a hairspray and will set your style into place without any stiffness. It’s also incredibly easy to brush or wash out
Shampoo as above.
- Spray condition and heat-style to your requirements using gentle heat.
- Although our human hair products are suitable for colouring and for use with heated utensils, we recommend that you exercise care, for example, carrying out patch tests before colouring and limiting any processes to a minimum.
How to determine your face shape
Place yourself in front of a mirror, pull your hair back. Trace the outline of your face, with a bar of soap, onto the mirror. Compare the outlined shape on the mirror to the illustrations below
1. Triangle Face Shape…
Narrow forehead with a wide chin.
Try a shapely-layered look or a curly style. Heavy fringe and layers build fullness on top to soften a wider crown. Hair should be layered all around and tapered in back and at the sides.
2. Square Face Shape..
Angular jaw line is the same width as the forehead.
Try a short style that is wavy on top. The wispy edges soften a wide forehead and strong jaw line.
3. Oval Face Shape…
Well proportioned, with length of face longer than width.
Try any style. A classic oval shaped face looks great with all styles. Perhaps a longer style with a few graduated layers around the face.
4. Heart Shaped Face
Wide forehead, high cheek bones narrow ( V-shape ) chin.
Try a short and smart elfin crop that is wedged or tapered at the neck. The long wispy fringe softens a rounded and peaked forehead: layers are long at crown, graduated at the sides, and tapered at the nape of the neck.
5. Round Shaped Face…
Full cheeks with a circular form.
Go longer, with lots of soft curls, a layered style, or a classic page. Layers on top and longer length at the back elongate your face.
6. Narrow Shaped Face…
Slender face with a narrow chin.
Try a chic bob, or a bob with waves or soft curls on the top and sides. This style tends to round out your face.
Narrow chin and forehead with wide cheekbones. Bobs work very well for this shape. Avoid wearing height on top or volume on the sides. Use some fringe to a narrow forehead.
Hairpieces & Extensions Advice
Whether you want long hair or are looking to add volume to your hair, our full head set is the answer. Clips are already attached and the set is ready for instant use in just 5 minutes
Our extensions are made from 100% Remy Human Hair, however they have to cared for slightly differently then your own hair. We have made a quick summary of hair extensions do’s and don’t’s for you.
- You can curl, tong & straighten them
- You can use your GHDs on them without any problem
- You can wash hair extensions
- You can dye them
- Don’t use products containing alcohol as they can dry out the extensions and you don’t want that happening
- Don’t use shampoo designed for volume or for dyed hair
- Don’t bleach or lighten the extensions
- Don’t wear your extensions to bed; always take them out first
Click on the link for Wedding and Bridal Hair Advice form below